The Compulsive Gardener
a chat over the garden fence with you
From persimmons to viburnums, trowels to trugs — our favorite plants, tools and projects
Let your creativity blossom, along with your plants.
It’s not all about weeding. Make space for just resting and sensing. If you don’t have a garden or nature spot and are indoors, escape into the photo galleries — we’re happy to share with you!
Make the most of your harvest! Besides recipes and preserving, we’ll explore uses for non-food items from your garden!
Home and garden uses for fabric scraps, old clothes, wool carpets, tree prunings; and get inspired about upcycling old furniture!
Humans aren’t the only creatures in the garden! From cultivating butterfly habitat to protecting your veggies and trees from gophers. Or, just observing the flight of hummingbirds and swallows, and the archetypal call of the red-tail hawk.
Latest blog posts from The-Compulsive-Gardener
- Hot Autumn Hibernation with Houseplants
- A Summertime Saunter Through the Garden — butterflies, pruning winter squash, hand-pollinating corn, saving seeds
- First Monarch Butterfly Sighting, Saving Seed from California Poppies, & an Unfortunate Contaminant
- The Solace of the Wildlife Garden
- Garden Paths of Decomposed Granite — keeping the garden accessible as I age