The Compulsive Gardener
a chat over the garden fence with you
All of the gardening posts are here–year-round organic food gardening, sowing a wildflower meadow, my favorite time-tested tools and plants, dealing with drought, and which garden planters and paths works best for us. I hope you enjoy this stroll through our garden!
Let your creativity blossom, along with your plants.
It’s not all about weeding. Make space for just resting and sensing. If you don’t have a garden or nature spot and are indoors, escape into the photo galleries — we’re happy to share with you!
Make the most of your harvest! Besides recipes and preserving, we’ll explore uses for non-food items from your garden!
Home and garden uses for fabric scraps, old clothes, wool carpets, tree prunings; and get inspired about upcycling old furniture!
Humans aren’t the only creatures in the garden! From cultivating butterfly habitat to protecting your veggies and trees from gophers. Or, just observing the flight of hummingbirds and swallows, and the archetypal call of the red-tail hawk.
Latest blog posts from The-Compulsive-Gardener
- Sowing A Wildflower Meadow
- How to Scare Gardeners on Halloween
- October Garden–fall harvests, winter crops, tucking the worms in & sharing the abundance
- Hot Autumn Hibernation with Houseplants
- A Summertime Saunter Through the Garden — butterflies, pruning winter squash, hand-pollinating corn, saving seeds